Tuesday, May 21, 2013

CROCHET LOVES JEANS



LOOK DU JOUR :
Brown leather stilettos

"It’s a new era in fashion - there are no rules. It’s all about the individual and personal style, wearing high-end, low-end, classic labels, and up-and-coming designers all together."
Alexander McQueen

From cardigans to tops, dresses and beyond, crochet is one of those 70s inspired looks you can wear over and over again. It just so happens that for Spring/Summer 2012, it was all over the high fashion catwalks.

Crochet gives designers another medium to add playful elements that either adorn or compliment the designers outfit. Retro clothing has been a hot ticket in the recent years, with crochet making a big splash in runway fashions.

Crochet cover-ups for swimming are fashionable and easy to make, while an open-stitch skirt over top of leggings or a tight underskirt adds a retro touch to your wardrobe to spruce up the look.

Also, crochet is being recognized as the gorgeous needlework that it is.  It’s a buzz word that adds value even if the item is not crocheted the will say it is.  Crochet is hot right now!  For years the fashion industry has labeled crochet garments with “knitting”. Now leading websites, runways and fashion blogs are calling anything and everything that looks like lace – “crochet”.

This is an outfit that I wore at the begging of this spring. It was a simple walk in the park with my friend so I kept it casual : I combined a crochet jumper from NEW LOOK, with a pair of skinny jeans from BERSHKA. For the modern touch I added a biker jacket, also from NEW LOOK. To stay faithful to the elegant style that defines me, I've chosen some brown stilettos. For the love of retro, I added a necklace made of butterflies.

10 comments:

A N D Y S T Y L E said...

hey, you are so pretty and love the top ;) x andy

Lemiza Nicolau said...

Great look and nice jeans! xx

Anna Maria said...

Thank you Andy... it's a nice compliment coming from a beautiful girl like you.

Anna Maria said...

Thanks... I really appreciate your style too

samantha segura said...

I loved your blog!!
Maybe you can visit mine it's about fashion, lifestyle in my natal city and more.. hope you like it

follow me back I'm your new follower :))

www.walkingon-gdl.blogspot.com

Oksana said...

Nice look:)

http://www.fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

nicoleta buru said...

Hi Dear,

You have a wonderful style and I would like to
invite you to join www.STARPIQ.com

It is a New Fashion Community where you can share your looks and get stars from bloggers, editors and fashion stylist/designers.

Hope to see you soon on STARPIQ

Happy Tuesday,

Nicoleta

www.nicoleta.me

Anna Maria said...

You have a lovely blog <3

Anna Maria said...

Thank you very much for your invitation Nicoleta :)

Arrow said...

Love this look! Necklace is amazing!
xx
http://ladyarrow.blogspot.com/